Storytime : The Transylvania Mansion

By Shreya |

A man walks into a bar. He is Death. Yet, he currently follows a path which could change everything, forever.
Following the order of his Chief of Area, Traynor has been sitting in the same spot for the last 2 months, keeping an eye on the daily routine of Kenya Hudson. Little did he know what was about to come for him.

On 26th November, Kenya leaves for Transylvania. Because of his IT expertise, Traynor knew she booked the flight tickets 2 weeks ago. And so did he. Both of them got aboard. Traynor took a seat 5 rows behind Kenya. The flight went smooth and uninterrupted.

After the plane landed, Kenya takes a cab into the woods. Flight landed on 2p.m. and the clock shows 8. Yet, no destination was achieved so far. Bewildered, Traynor reports the situation to his Chief. “I knew that girl was never right, keep following her and keep me updated. We’ll be tracking your number and your watch. Do not let go of them”. “Clear sir!”, replies Traynor. 

An hour later, they pull the brakes at what seemed to be an abandoned and creepy mansion. Kenya takes her bags and runs in it, seeing if someone is watching her or not. Her cab goes back and she slams the door. Traynor crouches and walks slowly towards the mansion. He hears Kenya scream “I told you I would come. Can’t you be a little more supportive?”. But Traynor can’t hear anyone replying. Hence he peeks into the window. 

As soon as the light inside the mansion hits his eyes, he sees a pair of creepy black eyes with hair stranded in front of them, looking back at him from the inside of the mansion. Any normal man would freak out but Traynor didn’t. He wasn’t normal. He wasn’t a man.

Seeing no reaction, the creepy lady looks confused. And then comes from behind, Kenya. Oops! She finally saw him. He was not supposed to show his face to her. “Who are you? What are you doing here?”, she asks in a demanded voice. “Hey, I’m Ryan. Nice to meet you. I was lost in the forest nearby. Came here for camping. This is the only structure I could see on my way. Can you help?”, he says in a confident voice. “Oh my god. Of course! Come in.” with a pity face Kenya walks towards the door. 

“I need backup! Now!”, the Chief screams to his team on the phone. The team was just 2 hours away from the current location while the chief was already there.

As soon as Traynor walks in, he could not believe his eyes. Everything was covered with white sheets and the dust glorified the absense of human presence for what seemed like centuries. The floor was still covered with dust. It had Traynor’s footprints but not of which was supposed to be Kenya’s. 

Listening to his instincts, he just takes a step back and starts to leave when something sharp touches his back. 
He stops and says, “Who are you?”. “You think you can follow me everywhere for 2 months and I won’t know? You will report to that abomination of a Chief and I won’t know? You will hack my devices and I won’t know? You might be death Mr. Will Traynor but do you know what is bigger than death?”, “No…”, “Life. With a feel of vengeance coz it gives you power and it gives you strength.” 

Before she could stake him, Traynor breaks her arms and pins her to the ground. The stake gets stuck in the chandelier. As soon as he thought he was winning, she says, “Remember Cowell? Who you and that Chief killed and named him as collateral damage, I’m his daughter and you are standing on his grave.”, and kicking him she enchants a spell sticking him on the wall. 

“Stop” says the chief. “Welcome Mr. Lockwood. I was just waiting for you”, and she sticks him on the wall just near Traynor. “It would be a pleasure” and she grab two stakes from thin air. “But Cowell wasn’t…”, “I know he wasn’t but I am the daughter of William Cowell and Elizabeth Bathory. I am Aurora Cowell.” Traynor and Lockwood grew more pale and froze. And before anything else could’ve happened, Aurora makes the stakes fly through air and into the hearts of Traynor and Nathaniel Lockwood. She sits on the floor and caressing it with both her hands a feet apart she says, “Dad, mum, I told you. Vampires are never a match against a witch.”

Comments